The latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update, which went live on Wednesday, June 10 has introduced a plethora of adjustments, including changes to several maps, better player visibility, as well as other miscellaneous changes to Valve's prized tactical first-person shooter title.
Valve patch notes for the Wednesday's update revealed a couple of small changes that went live on Mirage, Inferno, Train, Cache and Overpass, as well as flipped B bombsite doors on Dust2, effectively reverting it to the Counter-Strike: 1.6 version.
The alteration to Dust2 B doors, while a minor change on the paper, will change up the dynamic of how the game will be played, as it will allow CT players to have an easier time breaching the bombsite due to better visibility. This will effectively give CT side a slight advantage in an otherwise T-side favoured map, since counter-terrorist players will now have a full view of the car and the tunnel opening, which will prevent terrorists from holding an angle. Instead, T side will now have to move further back or position themselves closer to the bomb, allowing for easier entry onto the bombsite for CT.
While this change works in favour of the CT side, it also has some benefits for terrorists, since they will have an easier time planting the bomb. Overall, the change seems to work in favour of CT more, albeit, only time will tell how the new strategies will affect the balance of power on the iconic Counter-Strike map.
Besides the flipped doors on Dust2, the most recent update also introduced updated player visibility in the form of a new option in the game's settings.
By activating "Boost Player Contract", the players activate a special post-process filter which will significantly improve character readability by making the silhouettes stand out from the background, thus making them much easier to spot across all maps and locations.
Overpass, Mirage, Inferno, Train and Cache all received minor updates as well, however, nothing too major and game-changing as the update on Dust2.
Full June 10 patch notes:
- Added the ‘Boost Player Contrast’ advanced video setting, which improves the legibility of players in low contrast situations.
- Adjusted some agent textures for improved visibility.
- Adjusted dropped C4 collision geometry.
- Fixed Danger Zone drone pilot camera getting stuck when drone received burn damage.
- Added Desert Eagle shell eject event for last bullet fired.
- Minor texture streaming optimizations.
- Removed large ivy-models near bathrooms by A site
- Removed thin windows in bathrooms by A site
- Removed bicycle by picnic by A long
- Brightened up connector tunnel
- Brightened up T spawn
- Added nice stone trims
- Flipped B site doors
- Simplified background when looking from B tunnels towards truck in mid
- Changed fog start distance from 1000 to 512, changed max density from .2 to .4
- Raised windows by A site ramp to make characters stand out more
- Removed trash pile at top of mid
- Trimmed plant by T spawn, towards apartments
- Boosted light in market window
- Fixed silent dropdown bug from B site balcony
- Changed angle of ladder in ladder-room
- Trimmed ivy by CT spawn towards A site arch
- Fixed CSM shadow from tower in mid
- Added new train bumper model with flat top
- Replaced ladder to sniper’s nest with a box
- Cleaned up several important angles.
- Added 1v1 Arenas
- Replaced cargo containers with new model for improved performance
- Visibility improvements in T entrance to A Main
- Fixed unwanted/unintuitive wallbang in Mid Shed
- Subtle color tweaks
- Various clipping fixes