League of Legends Patch 10.8 is here and with it, we will get introduced to another set of massive changes coming to the Summoner's Rift, including nerfs to both Aphelios and Senna, while jungle is set to receive big changes, which will award aggressive junglers who are not afraid to jump into action in the early game.
As it's the case with any patch, there are bound to be some changes to the League's meta, but with 10.8, we just might see some massive changes to how the game will be played - especially in the bottom lane - where some of the strongest champions in Aphelios, Senna, Varus and Kalista are all set to see some changes to their kits. That being said, other lanes have not been forgotten by Riot Games balanced team, which especially holds true for the junglers, which will from now on reward those who are successful with bold early-game plays, while severely punish those who are unsuccessful.
Solo and Shared XP changes for junglers
With 10.8 patch, dying in the early game won't be as punishing as before, especially for the junglers, that is if you don't get solo killed, which could spell trouble for anyone including all other lanes.
With the changes to the solo and shared kill XP changes will greatly benefit players who can outplay their opponents early, which will mostly affect top, mid and jungle. From now on, solo kills are worth 20% more EX between levels 1-6, while shared XP has been reduced by 20%. As for levels 7-8, kills are worth 10% more and less respectively.
This effectively means that dying early in a solo lane will be very punishing as it will give your opponent a significant advantage. Having said that, 10.8 Patch will also introduce Homeguards on respawn, regardless when you die, meaning anyone who was unfortunate enough to die against his/her opponent will get to return to the lane significantly faster. This, of course, can be a double-edged sword as you might be returning to your death slightly faster, however, this change will generally greatly benefit junglers, who will have a chance to return to jungle faster and not miss out on valuable exp. Same can be said for any other lane, although perhaps more so in higher ELO, where your opponents know how to and will try to deny you farm by pushing your wave in after sending you back to spawn.
Bottom lane in for meta changes
Eight champions - seven AD carries and one support - have been targeted with some significant changes in Patch 10.8, that could have drastic effects on how the bottom lane will be played from now on.
Kalista, Varus, Senna and Aphelios have all been nerfed, which is an expected change, seeing how the four ADCs have been domination solo queue for a while. Their power was, in fact so high, they were often pick-or-ban, so nerfs were a long time coming. Tristana, Xayah and Ashe, on the other side all received buffs, which could see their resurgence in the meta. With Tristana's buffed damage on her E ability and Ashes' buffed attack speed on her Q, it's easy to speculate these two hyper carries might become two of the strongest picks in the game. As for supports, Soraka is receiving some massive buffs which should help her with her mana problems with increased mana pool and reduced cost on her Q.
Full 10.8 League patch notes:
The Hitman and the Seer (Passive)
- Aphelios no longer gains 3/6/9/12/15/18% bonus armor penetration
- Aphelios now gains 2/4/6/8/10/12 lethality
Weapons of the Faithful (Q)
- Aphelios' weapons actives' base damage and cooldowns will now scale over levels 1-9 ⇒ levels 1-13
- Moonshot AD ratio changed: 0.6 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.42-0.6 (levels 1-13) bonus attack damage
- Onslaught AD ratio changed: 0.3 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.21-0.3 (levels 1-13) bonus attack damage
- Binding Eclipse AD ratio changed: 0.35 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.26-0.35 (levels 1-13) bonus attack damage
- Duskwave AD ratio changed: 0.8 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.56-0.8 (levels 1-13) bonus attack damage
- Sentry AD ratio changed: 0.5 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.35-0.5 (levels 1-13) bonus attack damage
Ranger's Focus (Q)
- Bonus attack speed increased: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 20/30/40/50/60%
Hate Spike (Q)
- Base damage increased: 25/30/35/40/45 (75/90/105/120/135 maximum damage) ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50 (90/105/120/135/150 maximum damage)
- Armour reduced: 23 ⇒ 21
- Slow reduced: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 10/18/26/34/42%
- Bonus attack speed reduced: 30/55/80% ⇒ 25/45/65%
Command Dissonance (W)
- Ally haste/enemy slow increased: 20/25/30/35/40% movement speed ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50% movement speed
Command Protect (E)
- Shield ratio increased: 0.4 ability power ⇒ 0.5 ability power
- Health increased: 570.48 ⇒ 575
- Armor increased: 21.552 ⇒ 22
- Attack damage increased: 55.04 ⇒ 56
- Movement speed changed: 20/25/30/35/40% when consuming 2 runes ⇒ 28/32/36/40/44% when consuming 2 runes
- Mist wraith spawn chance changed: 25% on minions Senna doesn't kill ⇒ 22% on minions Senna doesn't kill
- Base damage reduced: 90/120/150/180/210 ⇒ 80/105/130/155/180
- Mana increased: 375 ⇒ 425
- Cost reduced: 60/65/70/75/80 mana ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65 mana
Explosive Charge (E)
- Attack damage ratioincreased: 50/70/90/110/130% bonus attack damage ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150% bonus attack damage
- Movement speed bugfix: Fixed an issue where he wasn't getting extra movement speed on dash
- Stun bugfix: Urgot now properly has a total CC duration of 1.5 seconds, including stun duration and time elapsed when enemy champion is flung, as intended from patch 10.6. (tooltip also now correctly reflects said total CC duration).
Fear Beyond Death (E)
- Cooldown changed: 120/95/70 seconds ⇒ 100/85/70 seconds
Chain of Corruption (R)
- Cooldown changed: 110/90/70 seconds ⇒ 130/100/70 seconds
- Additional damage changed: 10% less damage per feather ⇒ 5% less damage per feather
Unique: Monster Hunter
- Minion gold penalty trigger Gold earned from minion kills is greater than 50% of your gold earned from monsters ⇒ 40% of your gold earned from monsters
- Minion gold penalty removal: At 14:00 ⇒ At 20:00
- On death, gain a smaller version of Homeguards which gives the player about 2.5 seconds less time to get back to lane
- At levels 1-6, a champion's solo kills grant 20% more experience and assisted kills grant 20% less experience. At levels 7-8, these numbers are reduced to 10%
Jungle buffs and QoL changes
- Jungle camp XP: 1.25x more XP at levels 9+ ⇒ 1.35x more XP at levels 9+ (between 10-13 additional XP per camp)
- Nail, Tooth, and Tooth/Nail passives: Now heals for 50% more when below 30% maximum health
Practice tool additions
- Add 100 HP to Unit
- Subtract 100 HP from Unit
- Add 10 Armor/MR to Unit
- Subtract 10 Armor/MR from Unit
- Time Fast Forward 600s (note: Time Fast Forward 30s already exists)
- Spawn Baron Nashor
- Spawn Rift Herald
- Kill Player Character (Suicide)
- Fully Stack Legend: Alacrity, Legend: Tenacity, Legend: Bloodline, Manaflow Band, Zombie Ward, Ghost Poro, Eyeball Collection, Ravenous Hunter, Ingenious Hunter, Relentless Hunter, and Ultimate Hunter runes.
- Evelynn's W - Allure properly damages at all levels from any range when cast on Baron Nashor
- Oracle Lens can be used immediately if it is the player's first purchased trinket instead of defaulting to a 90 second cooldown
- Lissandra's Frozen Thrall from Passive - Iceborn Subjugation now properly appears whenever an enemy champion dies nearby her, regardless of whether or not she's attacked them
- Neeko now properly deals basic attack damage to any enemy target when transformed as Wukong with Passive - Inherent Glamour
- Mordekaiser can no longer cast Teleport while being in his R - Realm of Death
- When Ornn recasts his R - Call Of The Forge God it will properly redirect in the direction of the dash, not towards Ornn's pathing
- Ally clones will no longer take damage from Tahm Kench's W - Devour
- Annie's W - Incinerate can no longer be seen in Fog of War by her enemies